St Joseph's Oamaru

St Joseph's Oamaru

Where are our visitors?

Geo Visitors Map

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Trish - Any Way You Slice It

Katie Kazoo Switcharoo - Any Way You Slice It
By: Nancy Kurlik
Review by Trish Chikowore

This book is about a girl who does something wrong to a friend and she tries to fix the problem but something doesn’t go right.

The book had OUTSTANDING descriptive language. It describes everything in the book. The book also hooks the reader into the story, and makes the reader carry on reading. 

What I didn’t like about the book was that it got less interesting in chapter 1, because when Suzanne and Jeremy were talking about how much longer until the pizza shop opens for a while, it lost my interest.

Yes I think the author was trying to give a message. If you do something wrong you need to try to fix the problem, before it’s too late like what a really good friend does to help. I think she wrote the book because she wanted to teach young kids what to do if you make a mistake. Yes I think the author was trying to communicate - saying it’s ok to make a mistake you just need to fix it and everything will turn out fine.

Conclusion
I recommend this book for people who like to help a friend or for people who like a challenge or anything that involves food.



1 comment:

  1. I think this is a very clearly written book review.

    ReplyDelete